Monday, March 28, 2011

Catch Up

So its been a while. Apprently it seems difficult for me to put things online. Or maybe I feel a bit silly because I don't have actual recipes–I just huck a bunch of stuff together. Unless I am following a recipe. In which case I suppose I'm just too lazy to post it online. Or else I'm a bit against the seeming pat-on-the-back involved in blogging... In any case, catching up on the last few months delicious food (as I still photograph it for some reason...)

1.The tastiest grilled cheese ever.
6yr old Balderson white cheddar,
sundried tomatoes, and
fresh basil on
carraway seed rye.

Make it like a regular grilled cheese (butter the toast, stick er in the pan) but then layer cheese, goodness, more cheese THEN put the second piece of bread on.

*note: make sure the cheese is nice and gooey before flipping or all the goodness will fall out when trying to flip it

2.Simon's fancy feast of shrimp cocktail appetizer,
Macallan 10yr cask strength whisky,
Roasted portobello mushroom stuffed with thyme goat cheese
Roasted fingerling potatoes, and
Mixed green and herb salad with my secret dressing :)
(maybe one day I'll post it)

3.Us being fancy dinner of:
Seared scallops with lemon juice,
Homemade gluten-free cornbread (to be doused in garlic butter)
Smoked gouda,
Simon's borscht.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment