Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Corn-mazing pancakes!!

Who loves pancakes? I love pancakes!
Who loves corn? I love corn!
What happened when I found a recipe combining the two? Love!!

So I have an amazing cookbook called "A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen" by Jack Bishop and it is my favourite. I rarely find a recipe I don't like. Here is one I made the other day and have been raving about to everyone who doesn't tell me to stop talking about food.

Ingredients:

-4 medium ears uncooked corn, husks and silks removed
-1oz (1/4 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
-1 tbsp minced cilantro (I used parsley)
-3/4 cup milk (I used soy milk)
-2 large eggs
-2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
-1 cup all-purpose flour (I used all-purpose gluten-free flour and added 1 tsp guar gum)
-1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

1). Grate the corn (yes, grate!) the corn down to the cobs. Stir in cheese, cilantro/parsley, milk, eggs and melted butter until smooth. Fold in flour, baking powder and salt.
2). Make like a pancake in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned on either side, about 5 minutes total.
3). Serve with salsa, sour cream or (surprisingly tasty) honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment